Now that the summer season is in full swing, the weather in Utah can get unbearable. You more than likely are going to need to keep your AC on during the day, but many know how much that can run up your electricity bill. You probably don’t like spending so much and would prefer to save a lot of money on your electricity bills. Thankfully, we are here to help. We are going to describe some of the ways you can save money either using the AC system you have or even installing whole-house fans.
Can I Save Money Without Getting a New Cooling System?
There are a couple of things you can do to help keep your home cool without getting a brand new system (while still saving some money):
- Install Window Coverings- If your windows are open sunlight will naturally heat up your home. This can be a real pain in the summer since it is so hot already. You can get relatively inexpensive window coverings that can block some of the sunlight making it easier to keep your home a comfortable temperature.
- Use fans- Now obviously if you buy a portable or ceiling fan for each room in your house, you aren’t going to be saving any money. However, if you get one good fan and move it around with you it will cool the room you are in but not the house. This means you don’t have to run the AC or at least don’t have to have it so low. If you have ceiling fans already that can also help, although if you don’t installation might be more costly than just getting a standing fan.
What About Whole House Fans?
If you are looking for long term solutions for saving you money, you need to be looking into whole-house fans. Whole house fan systems work by pulling hot air in your home through a large vent and a fan (usually in your attic) will push the hot air out. All you have to do is open 3-4 windows and let the cool air from the outside fill your home. Whole house fans also offer a lot of benefits that air conditioners do not:
- Energy Efficiency- Whole house fans are much more energy-efficient than an air conditioning unit. They do not take as much energy to run as AC, and they do not need to be run as long as an AC system. Not only is this much better for the environment, but it can also save you quite a bit of money on your energy bills every month.
- Affordable Installation- Whole house fans are much easier and cheaper to install than an AC unit. In some cases, you may even be able to install it yourself, but even with a professional installation, it is much cheaper to buy a whole house fan over an air conditioning unit.
- Better Air Quality- With air conditioning units you are just moving around the same air. The air in your home often has a lot of allergens and pollutants like smoke from cooking, dust, pollen, pet dandruff, etc. Whole house fans recycle your indoor air with the air outside, meaning any nasty particles in the air will be removed daily.
Why You Should Choose Us
At QuietCool (QC) Utah, we are one of the best whole house fan installers in Utah. Our expert technicians ensure that your attic is properly insulated so the hot air can be pushed out properly. We also put our customers first, and we can guarantee you great customer service from the start. If you’re interested in learning more about what we offer or want to get a quote on one of our systems, feel free to contact us.